Care and maintenance advice for folding furniture
Like all kinds of outdoor and indoor furniture, regular care and maintenance will increase the lifespan of your folding garden furniture. Some tips on care and maintenance include:
- Clean the furniture when the weather and furniture are dry using hot soapy water.
- Gently scrub the furniture with a large sponge to remove stubborn dirt.
- Rinse off the furniture with hot soapy water and dislodge debris with a hose.
- Allow the furniture to dry naturally in the sun.
- Avoid the use of a pressure washer as this can damage the folding mechanisms.
- Lubricate moving parts with suitable mineral oil every 2-4 months or when stiff.
- Fold and unfold the furniture after oiling as this allows the oil to work itself into the parts.
- Store the furniture away during the colder months to reduce wear and tear.