How to decorate with garlands
Fir garlands are a classic way to spruce up your home and many are sturdy enough to hang inside and out.
Where to hang garlands inside:
- Along the bannisters of the stairs
- Above the mantelpiece
- Around the inside of the front door
- On window sills
- In archways
- Over the top of kitchen cupboards
- Down the centre of the dining table
- Draped over the top of mirrors
Where to hang garlands outside:
- Around the outside of the front door
- Along the bottom of window sills
- On the porch railing
- Wrapped around porch pillars
- Across the top of the garden fence
Five ways for how to hang a wreath to your door
- A self-adhesive hook - Fix these to your front door and hang your wreath on them. They are super effective for most light to mid-weigh wreaths and leave no mark on your door.
- A magnetic hook - If you have a metal door, you can attach one or two magnetic hooks to your door and use them to hang your wreath.
- An over-the-door wreath hanger - These hangers rest over the top of your door and have a hook that you can hang your wreath from. The only drawbacks to these are that they’re often visible and don’t fit over all types of doors.
- A suction cup - Best suited for glass doors or doors with glass panels, suction cups are a subtle way to affix your wreath to your door and they can be easily removed.
- A ribbon or piece of string - Hang a hook upside down on the inside of your front door. Thread a ribbon or piece of string through your wreath and bring the ribbon or string over the top of your door. Tie the ends together and loop it round your upside down hook.