With the school holidays around the corner, families up and down the UK might be wondering what activities they can do with the kids to keep them entertained this summer. So to help you out, we have a list of recommended fun and family-friendly events taking place during the summer holidays, so here’s hoping you’ll never hear the words “I’M BORED!”
- Have a family day out at Go Ape, the UK’s number 1 forest adventure! With 28 tree top locations across the UK, you can guarantee an unforgettable family day out without having to travel too far.
- Visit one of the UK’s spectacular stately homes on a sunny day. There are hundreds of stately homes across Britain that are open to the public with large grounds to roam. For example, Chatsworth House set in the stunning Peak District has a working farmyard, maze and adventure playground which the kids will love!
- If you have a family of music lovers, why not treat yourselves to a family-friendly music festival? There are a large selection of festivals nowadays that cater for families, such as Camp Bestival and Green Man festival among many more!
- Your children can still learn a thing or two during the holidays and there are lots of museums and art galleries across the UK that you can visit for free. Take a look here for a list of free museums and art galleries: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/free-museums-and-art-galleries
- Go on a wild day out at one of the UK’s family-friendly theme parks! Perfect for thrill-seekers, a day at a theme park is always guaranteed to be a great laugh, whether you’re riding on the roller coasters or watching fearfully from a distance!
If you like the sound of these, take a look at our Pinterest page for more upcoming summer events as well as some entertaining ideas for when the weather is not on your side! https://www.pinterest.com/allroundfun/